Monday, April 25

protein type



A few mornings ago I took a nutritional typing test on Mercola's website. I was very surprised to find that I am a "protein type" according to his test results. How can I be protein? I love veggies, I love salads and fruit. I don't like the texture of red meat in my mouth. How  am I going to shift my world back over to meat after being a raw vegan and then vegan for years?

I have a lot of experience with a low carb diet, and ate meat for years and years with little plant foods. I was following Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution diet and used that to control my blood sugars very well.

After completing my training at Bauman College of Nutrition I went vegan and felt SO good about my decision to do so. I enjoyed eating huge volumes of veggies and feeling "nourished" by them. I still love the philosophy behind eating a vegan diet, however, change is part of life and I will embrace eating some more animal protein if that helps my overall health.

After all, health is my goal. I want to live to be old.

So, this blog post will highlight a salmon dish I like. It's a simple poached/pan fried salmon and egg dish.

I do enjoy salmon and eggs, and if it's good for my body? all the better.



Salmon and Eggs

Ingredients

  • Salmon, poached in advance
  • Eggs
  • butter
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Directions

  • Cook salmon the night before .
  • I poached mine in broth for a few minutes until the liquid cooked off ( about 1 inch) and then finished it by adding organic butter to the pan and frying it.
  • Scramble 2 eggs on medium heat with butter.
  • Add crumbled salmon to eggs and mix in.
  • Plate and season with salt and pepper to taste
     ***top with creme fraiche and chives if you want to get fancy
    Preparation Time: 5 minutes


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I welcome and appreciate your comments