Monday, February 14

Chocolate Pudding



 I made this for my lunch yesterday. Not the wisest choice for my blood sugars- considering I ate almost the entire recipe. Even though it's raw, I still have to watch the sweet stuff! And take the appropriate amount of insulin albeit much less than if I ate non-raw sugary processed puddings.

What I learned from trying this recipe was that small amounts are best. Keep it a dessert.

It is very rich and stays with you, so I wasn't hungry until dinner, which was nice.

I felt good knowing that I was eating healthy fats from the avocado, and I was getting benefits of raw cacao like energy, and stress-reducing magnesium. Did you know that cacao has more magnesium than any other food?
Cool study on Cacao



Something I was surprised about was that the avocado flavor was not there at all. Mostly present was the banana and chocolate dominating everything else. I think I have avoided using the avocado to make sweet recipes for fear of it tasting too mushy and slick. Not the case here. The pudding has a good texture, much like a pudding should taste and feel in the mouth.



Ingredients

1 avocado
1 ripe banana
1 frozen banana
3 T raw cacao powder
1/4 c raw coconut nectar


Blend together

top with cacao nibs or mint

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate your comments