Monday, February 21

Hawaii




We are in Hawaii for the week.
It's one of my favorite vacation places. Especially in the cold winter months, coming here is like taking a deep breath after holding it for too long. I am spending my days with my family soaking up the sun and learning to make things like ribbon leis.



Eating raw is relatively easy here as well. I eat simply: lots of fruit, greens, and island grown tomatoes. I found these great lychees at the grocery store we walk to most mornings for breakfast.


Of course there are the local bananas which are nice. A little tart even. Unusual for me since the bananas that come in the Bay Area come from Guatemala and they are less sweet.

I like knowing I am eating foods that are grown locally- from the greens to the tomatoes, bananas and morning coffee! (Kona is 30 minutes from here)

Being on vacation I don't expect to stay 100% raw so I eat edamame and bites of some cooked foods. Tonight for dinner I ate a caesar salad-and ate roasted macadamias which felt strange but tasted great. It's times like this that I remember I am only human and need to enjoy myself and not worry so much. Perhaps it's the island taking hold of my spirit a bit and mushing my brain, but it's all good ;)

Living for a week in a warm climate reminds me to eat less focused on fats as well at home. I have been focusing so much on the dehydrated granolas and energy bars at home and forgetting to eat simple greens with fresh oranges or eating bananas for snacks instead of nuts and seeds all the time. I can already feel my digestion is moving so much smoother and even more efficiently since I have been here.



I have a raw macaroon recipe coming when I get back.A favorite customer of mine requested me to try some out,so I have research to do and I'll share it with you.

 Until then, Aloha and Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate your comments