Monday, January 17

time to trust myself

It's been a while now of making my tried and true recipes, perfecting them, and having predictable results.About once or twice a week I have a couple hours when I get all my nuts and seeds soaked, and assemble the breads and crackers to be eaten in the next few days. 

I love it.

Loading the Excalibur trays and hearing the hum of air moving through makes my mouth water.  Oh if it didn't take 12 hours or more!!! But so worth it. 


I am making double batches of many things now to save time.- Ani's Black Sesame bread is one of those recipes. If I don't eat it all I am giving it to friends and family to test out and sample. It's fun. I love to see their reactions to a Raw treat. 
My cashew lemon cookies are now a staple in m daughter's lunch box, and I make them bite size so she can share with her friends with a lot to go around.

So today I decided to try out a recipe that incorporates a family cookie recipe from my Czech roots, only a Raw version of it.


Here goes:

Claire's Czech Cookies

1 cup almond pulp from a batch of milk saved for later use
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
about 4-5 large dates, soaked to get soft and paste like
pinch salt

process together to make a paste

then add 2-3 T of agave nectar (raw)

spread out on teflex and either cut shapes or make simple lines to break for later.
dehydrate 108 degrees until mostly dry but still pliable.

these are awesome with a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome and appreciate your comments